Posted by : CS Nov 17, 2014

pairstwoedited I was worried I might not have time to paint today. So glad I made it! Yesterdays pears came to an untimely demise. The canvas literally snapped in half! I tried to put it back together, but it just wasn't going to happen. So my lovely little painting is going to decorate a landfill somewhere. :( I am using really cheap canvas boards so I guess when I run out of these I might spend a little more than .47 per canvas. Ha! I could use some better brushes too. I guess now that I am getting serious about it, I should invest in good materials. So since my pears from yesterday are gone, I had to revisit the subject. I tried again, and this time I finally got around to putting something other than white under my glass sheet that I use for a palette. The color is an off white. I do think it helped me when mixing to have a different color under the glass. Tomorrow is color class! So excited! One thing that's funny is that every single one of these paintings I've done lately is on the same black countertop... and looking at the paintings not one of them has the same color background! I imagine it would be boring to have the same background on every painting, but I would much rather it be intentional!

Leave a Reply

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © A Painting A Day