Posted by : CS Nov 16, 2014

pear2 I can't seem to take a good photo of my painting today. It's raining outside, so going outside to take the picture is out of the question. Everywhere I put it - or put the light on it - I get a glare. I will have to research how to take better pictures. The pear shapes were a challenge for me today. I never did get them right. On the bright side, I had an epiphany about my painting. In the past, I've used waaaay too much mineral spirits while painting. Doing that washes my paintings out. Today I think I dipped the brush in the thinner maybe two times and just a little dab when I did. It seems like ultramarine is always sticky and needs a little help to move on the brush. My thinner was clean at the end of the session. In the past it's always been muddy because I was cleaning my brush during painting. Now instead of doing that I am trying to use the light and the dark brush - and wipe them with a paper towel between colors. It's amazing how much it can help to change one seemingly unimportant thing while painting. I am proud of myself. It's now been 9 days straight of painting each day! But I'm running out of room! All these wet paintings are taking up a lot of space in the garage!

Leave a Reply

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © A Painting A Day