Posted by : CS Nov 12, 2014

garlicy So here's todays effort. It's very abstract I think. Honestly I just didn't want to fuss too much over the details. The challenge here was not just the garlic, but also the double shadows. There was reflected light off the back of them and light from the side. In the class I've been taking we use two brushes. One for the lights (anything that will have white in it) and one for the darks. That's really important. I just can't get those darkest darks if there is any white in the brush. I've noticed lately that my paintings are very dark, and so was trying to lighten this one up a bit. So I didn't really stay true to the background which was black. I think it might be time to invest in some colored tablecloths! Overall I'm happy with todays painting. I am trying to keep it loose and I think I achieved that today. Now tomorrow... that's another story!

Leave a Reply

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © A Painting A Day