Posted by : CS Nov 13, 2014

Azaleas We had our first frost this morning. These little guys were still clinging to life, so I brought them inside where it's warm and painted them. I'm not happy with the flowers themselves - I didn't spend enough time on them to do them justice. So they are the impression of flowers! Ha! I thought the little vase turned out okay. I'm working on very small canvas boards (6x8) so didn't really have enough room to put in the lovely reflection of the glass on the countertop. There's just a hint of it. I'm wondering if I really am getting better? I wonder am I just rushing through or am I actually learning something each time I paint. I imagine time will tell, and it only makes sense that the more you do something, the better you will get at it. Next week, I start a color class with Sue Foell. Judging color values in the midtones and mixing them seems to be my biggest challenge and I'm hoping I will come away from this class with more of an ability to mix the right color and judge the color values more accurately.  

Leave a Reply

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © A Painting A Day