Posted by : CS Nov 9, 2014

javaapple

I just had to pick up the paintbrush. I meant to do it earlier, but did this late tonight. It was hard to judge the values with it being so dark. The apple was really easy, but the mug was a different story. I was painting a white cup on a black countertop. There didn't seem to be enough contrast in the color, but I was trying to paint what I saw, and that coffee mug didn't seem to have very much white on it at all. Ha! I have read that white in shadow is darker than black in light.

Yesterday I worked more on a painting that I have been working on "on and off for a while now. It's far from finished, but want to take a snapshot in time of the work in progress. It has a long way to go still! Will post again when I get further along.

dreaming

Leave a Reply

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © A Painting A Day