Posted by : CS Nov 20, 2014

kiwi2 How about that? Two posts in one day! Ha! The other painting didn't count because I did it several weeks ago. So I had to do a painting today! This one was fun. At one point while painting it I thought it wouldn't turn out well at all. I was having trouble mixing the brown of the kiwi fruit. I still didn't get the color just right, but did have to break out the burnt umber! I've been limiting my palette and mixing everything. I find it really good practice to mix my blacks and greens and browns and purples. I was so rushed, I just slapped everything on the little canvas and didn't spend any time at all on detail. I was thinking the whole time it could be kind of abstract. I think I should just call that laziness. I need better brushes! I will have to break down and buy some. Also I bought a store brand ultramarine and wasn't happy with it at all. I guess you get what you pay for. A huge tube of it was only $4.99! I wasn't getting the same color mixtures, so will have to invest in a good brand of ultramarine. Overall, I'm happy with this. I think my son will enjoy eating the kiwi too! ;)

{ 2 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Nice work. Really love the reflected light and the kiwi is perfect. Glad to visit your blog and see another daily painting artist. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! Love your animal art!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!

- Copyright © A Painting A Day